Since January 2012 this little wumpkin has attended the preschool I teach out of our home once a week, but Daddy and I wanted her to have some classroom experience without me in case we decide to test her for early entrance into Kindergarten next year. So we decided on a parks and rec class (of course) on Mondays. 3 hours long! The best part: Mommy uses this time to go grocery shopping with JUST Kiera and Ethan instead of all three of them. Hooray! This was the first day. If I am honest, we are not all that impressed with her teacher. She is not a very enthusiastic or smiley person and is not very helpful as far as giving me specific info on Katie's progress. But the program is pretty much what we need it too be otherwise. It's a long enough block of time that I can leave and get other things done instead of waiting with two other kids in the hallway, there are transitions and routines similar to those in kindergarten, Katie is around new children, and her teacher is someone besides Mommy, you get the idea. Plus she enjoys going.
This little guy also started a little parks and rec class once a week. We are quite happy with it and so is he. His teacher was Katie's dance teacher, so we already knew her. Very helpful because the first few weeks he struggled in class. Crying when I dropped him off, staying on task, etc. Normal 2-year-old stuff. But tough for me to hear/ see. Thankfully he's an old pro now. Not with the staying on task part, but the saying goodbye at drop off.
No comments:
Post a Comment