Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Nastics"

On Tuesday night Katie tried her first gymnastics class. She was pretty stoked, even though she had no idea what to expect.


Daddy "attended" the parent/tot class with her.


She was all over the place.


She just wanted to go run and jump on everything.


It was a great way to burn off energy.


She loved free time.


It took a little convincing but she finally let the teacher help her do a handstand.


Charlotte is in this class, so it was fun to do "nastics" with her BFF.


Look at this leotard. Or rather, biketard. So cute!


The balance beam was a favorite. I knew she'd love it because she's always asking Daddy to make her a "bridge" with his legs on the ottoman so she can walk across his legs.


She had some fun on the bar, too. Hanging around.

It was a lot of fun but a little too close to bedtime. She was pretty cranky by the end of class. I think next week we'll have to try an earlier class, which is a little bit of a bummer because we wanted her to be in class with Charlotte.

1 comment:

  1. We were so glad Katie tried the class. Charlotte was all over the place until about the 4th class she attended. That is why I don't take her...I have not patience. That was the first time I had done the class with her and I was really impressed with Charlotte's progress. I mean if anything it is teaching her to take turns and follow directions. Since you still have another trial class try the earlier times and see if it helps.

    ReplyDelete